Saturday 25 February 2012

OCR SPEC: Print Brief

Preliminary Exercise

Using a digital still camera and Photoshop I will produce the front page of a new school/college magazine featuring a photograph of a student in medium close-up plus some appropriately laid-out text and a masthead.

Additionally I must produce a mock-up of the layout of the contents page to demonstrate my grasp of DTP.

Main Task

Front page, contents, and double page spread of a new magazine.

All images and text used must be original, produced by the candidate, minimum of four images per candidate.

I will:

  • research and analyse various genres of music magazine in order to recognise conventions: layout, use of images, style and tone of copy etc.
  • research the potential target audience of my magazine.
  • plan the magazine in the form of sketches, draft copy and shot plans.
  • set up a photo shoot in order to take the images for my magazine. I will need to consider location/costume/body position/framing/lighting angle and camera position.
  • construct the pages using Photoshop and inDesign.
  • write up all of my findings on my media blog
  • complete an evaluation of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment